|Dassault MD 311 Flamant|
As soon as he was freed from a concentration camp in 1945, Marcel Bloch changed his name into Marcel Dassault and returned to designing aeroplanes. Among them was a light twin-engined trainer for French Air Force pilots, navigators and bombers with an additional liason or survey role. The first flight of the prototype took place on 29 March 1948 from Bordeaux-Mérignac airport with Rozanoff, Briand and Dillaire as crew.
Note: 3 versions of the Flamant were built:
The first machines were delivered to the Armée de l'Air in 1951 and some machines were still in service in 1982.
|The Flamant #282|
Number 282 was assigned to the "Ecole de l'Air" in 1953 for navigator and bomb aimer training. It was then transferred to the school at Avord for navigator training. Number 282 was the last Flamant in service in the French Air Force, serving until 1982
The aeroplane was donated to the Association in 1987, restored to flying condition and it flew again in 1989. It is now flying in the markings of its last French Air Force assignment, G.E 316 when stationed in Toulouse (southern France).
#282 was the last Flamant in service in the French air force.
The Flamant #282 has been grounded for a few years, and is now displayed in front of the factory where it was built, at Dassault Aviation in Bordeaux-Mérignac. For more information on its new life, click here.
|Wing span:||20.21 m|
|Engine:||2 SNECMA 12 T de 600 hp|
|Speed:||min. 80 kts|
|max. 240 kts|
|Endurance:||4 h 15|
|Armment:||10 lance bombes ALKAN|
|9 aircrafts were modified to fire AG missile AS 11|